Friday, March 30, 2018

Phil Kleven Week 12

Nothing to report from teaching this week - I am on spring break! It feels great to relax after the stresses of finishing and submitting the edTPA. Although I didn't teach this week, I was able to take some time to reflect on my past experiences and make some plans for the upcoming week. Although there are only four weeks of teaching left, there is quite a bit to do. I spent the week planning rehearsals for our upcoming concert in April. To do this, I addressed standard 3 - planning for differentiated instruction. "The competent teacher plans and designs instruction based on content area knowledge, diverse student characteristics, student performance data, curriculum goals, and the community context. The teacher plans for ongoing student growth and achievement." When I return to school on Monday, I plan to engage students with a range of rehearsal techniques to maximize the effectiveness of our rehearsals. I am planning out sections of music to rehearse each day and strategies that will help students learn quickly. I don't usually plan rehearsals too specifically because students always have issues with spots I didn't plan to rehearse or perform my pre-planned spots with ease. I am making a plan to lay out our concert songs and address different sections in each rehearsal. I anticipate students won't like this because the songs will seem fragmented, but it is essential to our success.  Now that the edTPA is submitted, I'm looking forward to returning to school with enthusiasm, and without that major cloud over my head!


1 comment:

  1. Don't you just love it... a teacher's job is never done! Educators are ALWAYS planning and thinking of new and creative ideas even on his/her spring breaks! I hope you found some time for yourself to do something totally unrelated to teaching!

    ReplyDelete

Phil Kleven Week 16

Week 16! The last full week! Although things are winding down for me, my classes are moving full speed ahead. All orchestras are preparing f...